Pages

Books I've been loving!



For all you bookworms out there, we can now be reading buddies, because I've just discovered the happiness one gets when reading a good book. 
I used to be one of those girls who did not like reading at all, and when I buy a new book, it's usually because of the colourful cover or its popularity (like Twilight which I bought but never read - oh no she diqqn't). 

To start off, you should know that Mum is obsessed with crime fiction, and crime tv shows. She has a rather large collection of crime fiction books. Her favourite are those featuring Hercule Poirot, the famous Belgian detective created by Agatha Christie. And since I started reading the Agatha Christie Collection, I fell in love with them. Apart from the Hercule Poirot series, there is also the Miss Marple series and the Tommy and Tuppence series. They're so good! I also asked my grandma to borrow some Agatha Christie books from my grandpa's collection. The smell of an old book and the yellowy pages makes me want to read them more haha! Kinda feels like reading something vintage. 

Here is the whole collection we have so far: 


I read a few so far, mostly of Hercule Poirot's. My favourite one so far are Black Coffee and The Murder on the Orient Express. Even though these books are crime fiction, they're rather light and I love reading them before going to bed.


Some of my grandpa's books :) Few of the covers are rather disturbing haha. Tennis racket as a head anyone?
These are the newer versions of the collection!




These two are from the recent magazine series of Agatha Christie. 

Of course, with all the hype, I could not resist not buying The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Even though I'm not a huge LOTR fan, I enjoyed this book. It's full of adventure and Bilbo is such a fun character. I plan to buy the other LOTR books as well! 



Another set of books I plan to read is The Hunger Games Trilogy. I've just started the first one, and I found it really interesting that it's in the present tense, makes it rather different from other books. If you like books that keep you tense, then you're in for a treat! I got these three for a really good deal on Play.com; you can check them out here





That's it for now. I will keep you updated with any new good books I find. 

Till next time,
Baba 
xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment